Certified Barbecue Judging Class
The FAPC holds a Certified Barbecue Judging Class to teach individuals how to properly judge barbecued meats.
Participation in the Certified Barbecue Judging Class has many benefits. In addition to sampling great barbecue, you will:
- Learn how to define barbecue
- Judge barbecued meats
- Receive a Certified Judging Manual
- Earn a Judging Badge
- Improve your taste-testing skills
- Gain valuable judging experience
The Certified Barbecue Judging Class was developed and is taught by Ed Roith, a 20-year charter member of the Kansas City Barbeque Society, a member of the Board of Directors and a former competition cook.
Roith developed the course after several years as a competitive barbecue cook and judge. As a barbecue competitor, Roith cooked under the team name of Happy “Holla” Barbecue and won more than 375 awards including 11 state championships. Roith also has produced a barbecue cooking CD that has sold more than 5,000 copies.
Having retired from business, Roith devotes many hours to the barbecue industry not only as an instructor, but also as a contest representative.
- Cost: $60 for KCBS members and $85 for nonmembers. A $25 fee will be billed to those who fail to cancel or attend.
- Registration must be received by April 19, 2013. Space for the class is limited to 48 participants, so register today!
- The nonmember fee entitles the participant to a one-year membership in the KCBS.
- Register (Visa, MasterCard, Cash or Checks Accepted), or call Karen Smith at 405-744-6277 to pay by phone. REGISTRATION CLOSED
OSU is now a tobacco free campus. For more information visit http://tobaccostopshere.okstate.edu.