Food Allergen Workshop
The FAPC holds a Food Allergen Workshop to identify the basics of food allergens and give food manufacturers the information they need to control food allergen issues at their processing plants.
7:45 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Room 120 FAPC
Adverse physical reactions to food are of growing concern to both consumers and to food product manufacturers. Recall issues, as well as labeling laws have a considerable impact on the way food manufacturers develop and process their products. This workshop identifies the basics of food allergens and will give food manufacturers the information they need to control food allergen issues at their processing plants.
Why Attend the Workshop?
- Discover the basics of food allergens.
- Identify food ingredient issues and food allergens.
- Learn good allergen control strategies including sanitation best practices and schedulin for food allergies
- Get the latest recommendations on allergen recalls and labeling laws
- Gain knowledge of verification techniques and allergen assay test kits
- Basics of Food Allergens
- Food Ingredient Issues
- Allergen Control Strategies (Sanitation)
- Basics of Food Allergen Recalls
- Allergen Labeling
- Verification of Allergen Cleaning
- Industry perspective - Allergen Control strategies
- Test Kits
- Breakout Sessions
- Cost: $200 per person. A $25 fee will be billed to those who fail to cancel or attend.
- Parking, lunch, snacks, and a workbook are included in the cost. A certificate will be presented to each participant upon completion of the workshop.
- Deadline: June 7, 2013
- Attendance is limited to 35 people
- Register (Visa, MasterCard, Cash or Checks Accepted), or call Karen Smith at 405-744-6277 to pay by phone.
OSU is now a tobacco free campus. For more information visit http://tobaccostopshere.okstate.edu.